Okay, I know we’re now halfway through November and suddenly it’s socially acceptable to play Christmas music, but I digress. I am a painfully unorganised person, so I’d like to think I get at least one blogging ‘hall pass’ for my disorderly ways.
However, here’s the things that I regarded as having floated my boat last month..
- ALOE VERA GEL – This worldly beauty is constructed one hundred percent, from the purest angel kisses. Fact. Or at least I think so. This wonder product fixes everything, and I mean everything. Dry skin? Aloe vera. Spots? Aloe vera. Boyfriend left his pants on the floor? Aloe vera. A career related existential crisis?.. Have I mentioned aloe vera?
- PRIMARK MUGS – As we know, we are all partial to a casual stroll past Primark’s window and somehow find ourselves £80 lighter before we can say, “Do I really need this?”. But upon one fine October day I happened upon the best mugs a person could ask for. Now before you mistake this for a sweeping statement, allow me to point out that these magnificent pieces of porcelain can hold two, yes two, cups of tea. And the best part? Oh, the very best part? They are currently on sale for one glorious pound. *
- HALLOWEEN – Am I regarded by society as an adult? Technically. Do people generally see Halloween as a holiday for children in adorable costumes? Technically, yes. Did I use it as a means to dress up as the Joker and get blindingly drunk?.. My parents must be so proud.
- THE WALKING DEAD – Hi, I’m Alice. I take six years to finally watch a TV show and binge watch six seasons of said show, in an astonishingly sad, two weeks. The most devastating part of all this being, that I’m finally caught up in the show’s hype, whilst the majority of my family and friends stopped watching two seasons ago. It’s a cruel world out there kids. PS. You are all cordially invited to my wedding to Rick Grimes.
- TOPSHOP GLITTER POTS – Now as a woman who has often been referred to as a magpie, through an intense love of anything that sparkles, you can imagine my delight when I happened across Topshop’s glitter eyeshadows. Which seem to combine the glory days of Barry M Dazzle Dust, with the 2016 hype of iridescent highlighters and the result? A party on your eyelids, which with the right primer, I can confirm will last all night in even the most drunken states. All for a mere nine quid. (Don’t worry guys, I put in the hard work, I did the groundbreaking research.)
* Disclaimer: I, as a person, cannot be held responsible for the aftermath of impulsive mug buying. Please do refrain from directing your families rage at their ever decreasing cupboard space my way, as I’m still searching for a leg to stand on with my own.